As Christmas draws closer and closer, it’s obviously time to begin your holiday baking. So, for the eighth day of 12 Days of Christmas, that’s exactly what we’re going to do! This is not my own recipe, this is from Tanya Burr’s Tanya Bakes recipe book which you can buy here, follow her on Instagram, and subscribe to her YouTube channel.
Put on some Christmas music or movies, throw your hair up, wash your hands, drink some coffee, roll up your sleeves and let’s get baking...
Here’s what you’re going to need to make 10 cookies:
· 250g softened butter
· 150g golden caster sugar
· 1 egg
· 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
· 350g plain flour
· ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
· Red M&Ms
· Chocolate chips
· Chocolate covered pretzels
· Icing sugar (I forgot to add this to mine)
D I R E C T I O N S:
· Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
· Cream together the butter and sugar until they’re light and fluffy. Then add the egg and vanilla paste. Then you will mix in the flour and bicarbonate of soda to form the dough.
· Roll out the dough to ½ centimeter thick and use a knife to cut out blunted triangles for the head of your reindeer. Then bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
· Then decorate while the cookies are still warm.
And there you have some cute and festive holiday cookies to share with your friends and family…or for yourself! I must say that this is one of the best consitancy of dough that I have worked with, super easy and smooth. What’re some of your favorite treats to have around this time of year?
There is another cookie recipe coming in the last couple days so be sure to keep coming back to see it!