I was nominated by my friend, Mal over at Maloreads, for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This is such a fun way to network and make great friends in the blogging community and I’m so flattered that she even thought to add me to her list! I have never done one of these, so bear with me here. You can also find Mal on Twitter and Instagram.
While being nominated is super exciting, I’m more excited about the whole idea behind this award about giving other bloggers who are positive, inspiring, and so talented the recognition they deserve from all their hard work. So please be sure to check out all the amazing ladies I mention!
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in their blog post and the links back to their blog.
2. Answer the eleven questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate eleven new blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
3. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
These are my answers to Mal’s questions!
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I actually had a blog in high school that was pretty much about the same topics that I still write about, but I never told anyone about it and shut it down after a year or so, but I did that one for something to do. I restarted blogging back in August because I always liked reading other people’s blogs and I was going through some stuff at that point in my life and felt like I needed something that was all my own. And so, this blog was born and I couldn’t be happier doing it and I’ve met some awesome women because of it.
2. What's been your favourite post from your blog so far?
My favorite post so far has to be my first post, More Self-Love, which is obviously about self-love and my journey with it so far. It was an incredibly vulnerable post to start off with, but I want to make my blog a safe space for others and to encourage conversations about these types of topics.
3. What's your favourite social media platform?
I absolutely love Instagram, it’s been my favorite for years even despite it’s messed up algorithms and unchronological order. We should definitely be friends there, you can follow me here.
4. What's your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
My greatest achievement outside of blogging is probably ending my senior year of high school with straight As. I worked incredibly hard for that and was so happy when I asked my last teacher on the final day if I managed to get it up to an A and she told me yes. I was so excited especially since my last grade was a speech and I always do really poorly on those because it’s my least favorite thing to do and get anxious about it, so that felt really good!
5. What's a short-term goal you wish to accomplish before the end of the year?
I honestly really want to try out YouTube to coincide with my blog but it also seems very daunting to me!
6. What's your ideal kind of day?
My ideal day is pjs all day, watching Friends, a silent phone, and not having a single responsibility to care about.
7. What's your favorite book?
It’s Not Okay by Andi Dorfman because it’s a balance of The Bachelorette/Bachelor gossip and working through a difficult breakup. I bought it last year and read it twice in a year!
8. Who's your celebrity crush?
I’m in love with Thomas Rhett and Luke Bryan.
9. Who would you most like to sit next to on a 10-hour flight and why?
I would love to get to sit next to Kelsea Ballerini on a 10-hour flight because she’s just incredibly inspiring to me and I just think she’s a really incredible woman to be in the presence of.
10. If you could go back in time to witness a historical event, and only witness it, which event would you pick?
I would want to witness the day women got the right to vote. I feel like the energy would be on another level because it was something that was fought for for so long that when it was finally passed the sense of pride and a heavyweight would be lifted. If that makes any sense at all!
11. Is there a country you have always wanted to visit, and if so, where?
I’m absolutely dying to see Paris and just France in general. It’s just a place that speaks to my soul, and I just have to go there at some point in my life.
I nominate Maria from Maria Moen, Rachel from Immaturely Mature, Stephanie from Stephanie Vivienne, Raylynn from The Thrifting Ginger, Madeline from With Love Madeline, Victoria from A Grace Filled Wife, Amanda from The Happy Arkansan, Amanda from We Are Magnetic, Jessica from If I Knew Not Midnight, Daniella from From a Lost Soul, and Coral from The Determined Dreamer (I know you were already nominated so you don’t have to answer these questions, but you’re too much of a favorite for me not to mention you!)
1. What’s your favorite part of blogging?
2. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would you choose?
3. Can you speak/understand more than your primary language?
4. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to? And if you haven’t been to a concert, who is someone that you really want to see?
5. What’s your best childhood memory?
6. If you could be a season, what would you be and why?
7. Do you believe in astrology/horoscopes?
8. Is there a specific song that really resonates with your soul?
9. If money wasn’t an issue, what does your dream life look like?
10. What are some of your favorite blogs that you follow?
11. Are you more of a planner or are you more spontaneous?
I still plan to post tomorrow morning as planned, this was just a fun and extra post this week!