I may not have been old enough to watch Sex and the City when it was on TV…in fact I wasn’t even old enough to comprehend anything since I was still in the womb but that didn’t stop me from coming to love this show many years after.
Sex and the City is an iconic and staple show for women to watch because it’s funny and relatable aside from some outdated jokes and comments. At the end of the day, the show was about 4 best friends helping each other out through their best and worst days and loving each other unconditionally and is the epitome of friendship goals for me.
So, in honor of the 20th anniversary of the premiere of Sex and the City and my slight obsession with Carrie Bradshaw and Charlotte York, here are 15 of my favorite quotes from the show!
- “Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free. Until they find someone, just as wild to run with.” – Carrie
- “Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives?” – Carrie
- “But it can happen. People do live happily ever after.” – Charlotte
- “Could you please not use the F-word in Vera Wang?” – Charlotte
- “I want to enjoy my success, not apologize for it.” – Miranda
- “‘We loved, thank you. You enriched my life, now go prosper.’ But I’m more: ‘we didn’t work out. You need to not exist.'” – Miranda
- “Sweetheart, you can’t go listening to every f****** little voice that runs through your head. You’ll go nuts.” – Samantha
- “I support you, and these b****** need to be put in their places.” – Samantha
- “You shouldn’t have to sacrifice who you are just because somebody else has a problem with it.” – Carrie
- “By the way, never never call me again. Have a nice day.” – Miranda
- “I like my money where I can see it, hanging in my closet.” – Carrie
- “It’s infuriating! Women sit around, obsessing about what went wrong, while men just say ‘alrighty’ and move on.” – Charlotte
- “The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them and others you don’t, but in the end, they’re the people you always come home to. Sometimes it’s the family you’re born into. And sometimes it’s the one you make for yourself.” – Carrie
- “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.” – Carrie
- “But the thing is this, after a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh” – Mr. Big
After sifting through a bunch of quotes and clips, I’m ready to go back a re-watch the whole series…again. Happy 20th Birthday, SATC, you’ll forever be a very quotable and iconic show.
Have you watched Sex and the City? What’re some of your favorite quotes? Which character do you relate the most to? I’m definitely more of a Charlotte!