I may not have been old enough to watch Sex and the City when it first aired on TV since I was only about a year old. But that didn’t stop me from coming to love this show many years after.
Sex and the City is an iconic and staple show to watch. It’s funny and relatable – aside from some outdated “jokes” and comments, of course. At the end of the day, the show was about four best friends helping each other out through their best and worst days and loving each other unconditionally. It’s the epitome of friendship goals to me. I also think that Carrie should have ended up with Aiden instead of Mr. Big. But that’s a tangent for another time.
In honor of the 20th anniversary of the premiere of the show, here are 15 of the best Sex and the City quotes from the show:
And then she thought, “if there isn’t just one perfect quote for everyone maybe there are multiple perfect quotes…”
- “Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free. Until they find someone, just as wild to run with.” – Carrie
- “Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives?” – Carrie
- “But it can happen. People do live happily ever after.” – Charlotte
- “Could you please not use the F-word in Vera Wang?” – Charlotte
- “I want to enjoy my success, not apologize for it.” – Miranda
- “‘We loved, thank you. You enriched my life, now go prosper.’ But I’m more: ‘we didn’t work out. You need to not exist.'” – Miranda
- “Sweetheart, you can’t go listening to every fucking little voice that runs through your head. You’ll go nuts.” – Samantha
- “I support you, and these bitches need to be put in their places.” – Samantha
- “You shouldn’t have to sacrifice who you are just because somebody else has a problem with it.” – Carrie
- “By the way, never never call me again. Have a nice day.” – Miranda
- “I like my money where I can see it, hanging in my closet.” – Carrie
- “It’s infuriating! Women sit around, obsessing about what went wrong, while men just say ‘alrighty’ and move on.” – Charlotte
- “The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them and others you don’t, but in the end, they’re the people you always come home to. Sometimes it’s the family you’re born into. And sometimes it’s the one you make for yourself.” – Carrie
- “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.” – Carrie
- “But the thing is this, after a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh” – Mr. Big
And there you have 15 of the best Sex and the City quotes
It’s now occurring to me that I should have made this 20 of the best Sex and the City quotes for it being the 20th anniversary. Let’s just ignore that missed opportunity, shall we? After sifting through a bunch of quotes and clips, I’m ready to go back a re-watch the whole series. Happy 20th Birthday, SATC, you’ll forever be a very quotable and iconic show.