It’s officially the first day of 7 Days of Halloween! What better way to spend the first day than with some delicious doughnuts – which are vegan-friendly. There are no eggs or butter required for these. I found this recipe in this video (which contains many more vegan desserts), and originally from this vegan blog.
So, here’s what you’ll need:
· ¼ cup vegetable oil
· ½ cup maple syrup
· ¾ pumpkin puree (I used pumpkin pie filling for a sweeter taste)
· ½ tsp cinnamon
· ¼ tsp ginger and nutmeg
· ½ tsp salt
· 1 + ½ tsp baking powder
· ¾ cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, sifted
· 2/3 cup powdered sugar
· 1-2 tbsp soy/almond milk
· ½ tsp cinnamon
· ¼ tsp nutmeg
You can order the doughnut mold from Amazon here.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
– Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, Fahrenheit
– Grease your pan (I forgot to do this step halfway through and then I greased it. The ones I forgot to do didn’t stick with the pan I bought, so this step could be optional)
– In a small mixing bowl, combine your oil, syrup, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder. Whisk together until smooth.
– Add the sifted flour and mix together. Be careful not to overmix so you don’t form the gluten.
– Spoon and smooth into the pan and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
– Let the doughnuts sit in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
– While cooling, mix together the glaze ingredients.
– Dip the top of the cooled doughnuts in the glaze and place them back on the wire rack to have the glaze set.
Let me know if you try these and what’re your favorite things to bake during the Fall/Halloween time?
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for day 2!