Tomorrow, September 30, is my 20th birthday. I’ve seen a lot of YouTube videos where people talk about what they learned in X amount of years, so I decided to do that myself. It was fun to reflect on what I learned so far and remind myself what really matters.
So, here’s to 20!
1. Life isn’t that serious. Learn to laugh at yourself.
2. You’re not too cool for anything. Embrace whatever your situation of the moment is. It’s more fun to have fun than pretending to be unamused.
3. It’s important to do what you want in life, rather than what other people think/want you to do. They’re not you and they aren’t the ones living your life.
4. Spend time with those you love, and don’t waste your energy on people you don’t.
5. Have fresh flowers or a plant in your bedroom.
6. “Life is tough, get a helmet” – Eric Matthews from Boy Meets World
7. It’s better to get heartbroken than love half-hearted.
8. Do not be ashamed of what makes you happy, as long as you aren’t hurting someone else. Go for it.
9. Take pictures and surround yourself with them.
10. Suppressing who you are will not bring you the right people you want in life; it’s better to just let go and be who you truly are.
11. It’s best to be overprepared than underprepared.
12. Fashion is fun, but make sure you develop your own style.
13. Be interested in what little kids say to you even if you have to fake it. Their impressionable and what you say will impact them in some way.
14. You find out who your real friends are when you’re struggling.
15. No one is busy. You always choose one thing over another even if you feel like you have to pick one over another. It’s all about priorities.
16. It might take a hell of a long time, but you’ll get over it/someone eventually. Just keep going.
17. Life starts moving really fast when you’re older, so do that thing you’ve always wanted.
18. Keep a journal/box of memories.
19. Buy the shoes or whatever you really want.
20. Everything will work out the way it’s supposed to in the end.