I don’t know about you, but I’ll be feeling 22 tomorrow. I was 15 years old when Taylor Swift’s 22 came out and I have been waiting for this moment since 2012. Is that probably ridiculous? Yes, but I don’t care because Taylor Swift owns the twenty-second year of all of our lives and we just need to embrace it. I’ve done two birthday posts so far on this blog about things that I’ve learned or would tell my younger self. For this year, I wanted to share 22 things I’m grateful for at 22.
I’ll be honest, I’m not feeling particularly excited about my birthday this year for a lot of reasons. It feels like every year you get older and the time just speeds up even more. I mean is anyone else concerned at how fast September went by? But on the bright side, we are well into Libra season and that’s by far the superior sign even though we cannot make a decision for the life of us. If you’re a libra and you don’t follow this Instagram account, you’re missing out because it’s great.
I wanted to share 22 things that I’m grateful for at 22 because I’ve quite honestly been having a rough time at the moment. And as much as it’s figuratively pouring in my life right now, I wanted to recognize all of the great things that are still in my life right now, too. Because I do have some incredible people in my life and several little things that make me appreciate life that much more. Some of the things on this list are more superficial or less serious than others but nonetheless, I’m grateful and thankful for each of them.
22 Things I’m Grateful for at 22
- I have the luxury of feeling safe and secure where I live.
- Internet friends. Any differences aside, I have met some of the kindest, sweetest, funny, most genuine, and creative souls since starting this blog over two years ago. They have reached out to me with such sweet words and making sure I’m okay when I’m going through a hard time. I just have so much love and admiration for these women.
- Fresh flowers.
- Creativity. Without it, I would be bored and most likely lose my mind.
- The lessons that I’ve had to learn the hard way. They’ve only made me a better human.
- Friends that are there for you even when you haven’t spoken in months.
- Chick-Fil-A nuggets and waffle fries.
- My childhood.
- Music and concerts because it’s magic and burns a deep passion in my heart.
- Co-workers that become your friends.
- The Fall season.
- Long drives by yourself listening to music to relax and clear your mind.
- Love. All versions of it. Even if it breaks your heart – it was worth it.
- Having the sweetest, kindest, and funniest (almost) sister-in-law.
- Coffee. Because without it, I probably wouldn’t get anything done.
- My parents who have worked hard to give my brother and me a good life.
- Being healthy enough to live life and get an education.
- Taylor Swift and Kelsea Ballerini. Y’all already know.
- Family because even though they drive you crazy sometimes they just want to see you smile and be happy.
- Alone time. It’s important to spend time by yourself because it’s good for your mental health.
- A chilly, overcast day with a cozy blanket watching Friends.
- Myself. I like who I am and the person that I’m becoming.
Happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time…
So, those are 22 things that I’m grateful for at 22. I don’t know where I’ll be by September 30, 2020, but I’m interested to see what my twenty-second year of life has in store for me. Because let me tell you, twenty-one was nice but it was a lot. 21 was a whirlwind of love, heartbreak, laughter, tears, triumphs, and devastations.
The thing is, no one tells you on your twentieth birthday that your twenties are some of the hardest years of your life. Granted I know I’m still in my early twenties, but those first two years were a lot. But to end on a lighter note, I’m not sorry for how much I’m going to run 22 by Taylor Swift into the ground for the next year. 15-year-old me has been waiting for this. So, let me have my moment, okay?
What are some things that you’re grateful for in your life right now?